We know schools are keen to save money through tackling their energy use. Energy is also now a compulsory element of Eco-Schools. Bringing together the practicalities of energy saving and the teaching and learning around this topic can be daunting. We can help. Our WISE Energy programmes, developed to suit the needs of individual schools:
- Involve the whole school in practical, real-life sustainability projects – we train teams of pupils to lead energy monitoring and surveying in school to record and reduce energy use.
- Develop staff and pupil skills and change behaviour – our support enable pupils to plan and run a school-wide energy saving campaign, measuring its impact and success. Curriculum links and guidance is provided for teachers.
- Advise site staff on ways of optimising measures for no/low cost energy reduction
- Develop energy policies in school – we bring together governors, staff and pupils to devise strategies for best practice in energy management for the longer term. We can make suggestions on where to find further support for energy projects such as technical audits or renewables.
WISE Energy works with individual schools, schools clusters and in collaboration with other partners. Joint projects have included:
- Bath & West Community Energy – LEAF Project 2012 – involving five schools in B&NES and Wilts to reduce energy through behaviour change and energy action plans.
- Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea ( in partnership with Sustain, 2013) – supporting nine schools across the borough to achieve measurable energy savings.
Please call us to discuss your budget and your needs.
“Your inspirational ideas supported young people in setting up their own group to tackle the causes and effects of climate change.”