The people at WISE are Jacqui Grainger and Jane Talbot.
We have worked together in different sustainability organisations before and have now teamed up to run WISE because we both believe that sustainability is really important and feel very passionate about it! We also believe that individuals can make a difference and young people have a huge role to play in bringing about change. By helping them to develop their ideas, knowledge and skills we can work together to inspire action and change the future.
Between us we have over forty years experience of working in sustainability and global education. We have both been teachers before transferring our teaching skills to a whole range of work including;
- supporting schools with their overseas partnership links and global citizenship projects
- facilitating Eco-Schools and whole school energy reduction projects
- organising events and conferences on climate change and sustainability
- working with schools to maximise the benefits of outdoor learning and gardening activities.
- working in partnership with local authorities and a range of organisations.
A few words from Jane:
“ The well known maxim ‘think globally, act locally’ underpins my approach to sustainability. We live on a precious planet and our actions here in the UK have an impact on people and places far away. I would like to see all schools and their young people recognising the links between their own lives and behaviour and the creation of a world based on social justice and sustainability.”
A few words from Jacqui:
“My commitment to the field of sustainability comes both from a fascination with the natural world and a belief in the power of individuals to make a difference through being informed and taking positive action. I love working with people from all backgrounds to develop positive productive relationships and am constantly amazed by the energy and enthusiasm of the young people I have been privileged to work with.”